Question:
Singing?????
Alex P
2007-05-10 10:38:30 UTC
can anybody learn to sing?
I have played guitar for about four years now and would say i am relatively good. It has always been my dream to be able to sing, nothing of Lemar standard just something simple like that of Jack Johnson or Pete Murray so taht my guitar playing doesnt sound empty!:P
my guitar teacher started showing me how to sing however my main problem is a breathy voice, not enough projection, and stemming from both of these a lack of confidence. I am growing impatient as i sing most nights however see no change, anyone know of any exercises which will help me improve?
many thanks:D
Nine answers:
Pete
2007-05-10 21:49:16 UTC
Becoming more familiar with how your diaphragm works will help you sing better.

Try this exercise...Take a very deep breath...then let it out while singing a note you feel good with..then hold the note until you are out of breath.

Then as you try it again...time how long you can hold the note again...hopfully increasing the time holding the note.

You will notice that as you run out of air, your solar-plexus will contract...this feeling is your diaphragm working.

Now, try not to breath out so much when you start the note...this will be the main part you will have to work on...and as you get better...you will gain confidence and that too will help your voice...as long as you arent tone deaf...then youre screwed!

This will also help give you better vibrato...which is the wavyness of operatic voices
Carol
2007-05-10 12:56:56 UTC
Well first of all be CONFIDENT with your singing and if other ppl don't like it well to bad for them u just keep on singing loud and clear it is very important to project your voiceno matter what project and if it doesn't come out right its ok!!! lol um... exercise wise try expanding your range and do breathing exercises put ur tounge on the roof of your mouth just behind your teeth and breath quickly it'll sound like a dog but it helps with your breathing and projection.!!

good luck
2007-05-10 16:38:28 UTC
Go to a classical singing teacher who teaches the Italian method, they will show you how to project your voice and give it ring without any strain, it takes a good few years before your voice can reach it's full potential and it will amaze you the sounds that you can make when you perservere with it.
2007-05-10 10:46:52 UTC
yes there are exercises. My voice teacher gave me some. Look on the internet, because the ones she gave me were just one page handouts. Look under vocal exercises, singing exercises or singing or vocal warmups
justagirl.
2007-05-10 15:44:42 UTC
I'm a singer and it takes a looooooooong time to get over all your problems. I struggled with lack of projection. just work ten times harder and believe in yourself
2007-05-10 14:13:05 UTC
You can learn to sing if you've not been able to before. But when you're tone deaf, you're basically bollixed.
2007-05-10 15:29:25 UTC
i sing! the key to singing is mostly just pitch and vibrato. your voice can be overcome. just practice.
Evelyn D
2007-05-10 19:01:50 UTC
i think, KEEP TRACK OF WHEN YOU STOP, SO YOU KNOW HAW MUCH BREATH TO TAKE FROM THE DIAPHRAM.bREATHE FROM THE DIAPHRAM.
VanVenturous.
2007-05-10 12:04:33 UTC
12345432121 count and go high and low.