Question:
What singer/group originally recorded "I'll Be Missing You?"?
Linda F
2007-05-10 13:52:25 UTC
It was recently played at a funeral but included rap and was not the one I remember that was more soft rock.
Six answers:
Pask
2007-05-10 13:56:59 UTC
Diddy and Faith revised the Police's Every Breath You Take with the I'll be missing you hook.
sodiumbong
2007-05-10 13:55:30 UTC
The Police - Every Breath You Take

Puff Daddy feat. Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You

Puff Daddy used Every Breath You Take as a sample to record I'll Be Missing You as a tribute song to Notorious B.I.G after he was murdered.
momzer23
2007-05-10 14:00:22 UTC
everyone was correct. However, Sting and Puff Daddy(his current name at the time), did a duet to the song at some movie or music award ceremony.
ZeroCharisma
2007-05-10 13:55:44 UTC
The song you heard is a take on the song "Every Breath you Take" By The Police.
Yahoo U there
2007-05-10 13:55:51 UTC
Sting...Ill be missing you....... :)~

He wrote a different version of every breath....

http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Sting/I%60ll_Be_Missing_You_Lyrics/88366.htm
xjustmex
2007-05-10 13:56:35 UTC
there's some info on it here>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'll_Be_Missing_You