Question:
how can i make my voice higher?
niCa :)
2007-05-10 23:08:23 UTC
how can i make my voice higher?
Nine answers:
kpetersen123
2007-05-10 23:19:08 UTC
I would try helium. That should work temporarily. If you need it to last though hormone therapy would be the best way to go. They can change the makeup of your vocal cords using hormones. Thats how tranny's do it.
Black Tomorrow
2007-05-11 01:51:17 UTC
The best advice I can think of is to just keep singing at the high end of your range. Over time, your vocal chords should adjust and you'll begin to be able to hit higher notes. Also, drink hot tea before you sing. It does wonders for the voice.
Leonardo D
2007-05-11 13:45:38 UTC
I wish I still remember where I leant this, it was a free online tutorial on how to sing in your 'Head' voice. It really help me to recognize that this is a different register. It is not the same as singing falsetto (sometimes called super-head). You can recognize if you are in that voice by closing your front teeth together, if you are you will feel them vibrating. Try searching online for singing in head voice.
2007-05-11 12:13:40 UTC
Keep practicing scales, sirens, and actually try squeaking your voice at least once a day. Keep a record of how high you can sing without squeaking or rate yourself on how well you have sung your highest note. I can guarantee that after around two weeks of doing this you will see a dramatic change in your range and sound.
Masquerade Midnight
2007-05-11 03:14:28 UTC
There a singing course "Singers Advantage". Seth Rigs, who has instructed many famous singers and is the top vocal coach in the world, created the course so anyone can improve their singing. It will help you make your voice higher. The cousrse if very effective, so you'll see results in the first lesson and you can try it for free.

http://www.singersadvantage.com/index.php

http://www.sethriggs.com/seth-qa.html
famousfailure
2007-05-11 08:40:21 UTC
if you are trying to extend your range:

-make a sound like a siren (up and down and repeat)

-sing as high as you can (but don't strain/ if it hurts, stop)

-buy one of my vocal training cds

(contact: famousfailure@yahoo.com)

-realize that maybe you don't need to have higher pitch

-make sure you are recognizing the difference between a chest voice and a head voice.

-relax (tension makes a strained sound)

if you are trying to protect your voice: drink warms drinks, don't smoke or drink, pratice often, don't sing from your throat, sing from you lower abs, breathe, breathe,...
Sailor Moon and Music Lover
2007-05-11 14:38:19 UTC
You can't really. You can get training for your voice to get your entire range, but if you are an alto you are not going to be a soprano. People's voices all have different ranges and I don't know of anything that can be done to change that.
Robert Emmett
2007-05-10 23:18:27 UTC
quick answer- helium

with proper training and practice you can probably learn to sing in a higher register, although everyone does have their own limits
human bread loaf
2007-05-10 23:47:42 UTC
Get kicked in the nuts!