Question:
I need help to increase my vocal range because i hate having a low voice - Urgent?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
I need help to increase my vocal range because i hate having a low voice - Urgent?
Nine answers:
icysapphire64
2007-05-10 10:25:01 UTC
You could ask a voice teacher to help you out, if one is availiable in your area.
celtiarose
2007-05-10 16:48:26 UTC
Great suggestions from Lausie...

but also remember, genetics predetermines the extent of your range. You can work at improving it, but you'll find you will have limits in the end.
2017-02-15 16:57:19 UTC
1
ronnie
2016-05-01 22:12:44 UTC
If you want to know a very good vocal coach try to visit https://tr.im/hgOlm an online vocal coaching tutorial. Everything, ranging from breathing fundamentals, vocalizing exercises, techniques on singing high and low notes, how to not go off-key/out of tune/off-sync, musicianship and music theory, proper diction and articulation, and a lot more are covered, all in our native language. It can be quite technical in nature, but it really helps since it covers the musical aspect of singing deeply and not just concentrates on how to impress people with your vocal range, riffs and runs and other cliches that do not necessarily make one a complete vocalist.
niCa :)
2007-05-10 22:11:30 UTC
I suggest you practice all the time and go to the swimming pool and sing. That helped my voice become higher.
devilishangelgirl10
2007-05-10 21:31:23 UTC
I think you should try practicing with a semi-higher song than normal, while recording yourself if possible. And then playback. Try that a few times a week, at least once every other day. If you see no improvement........I'm sorry. This is all I can offer. I'm already singing from Country songs by male artist to a few high songs by female artists. Anyways, it is acceptable.
2007-05-10 16:49:11 UTC
Use support for the higher notes. Make an ssssssssssssssss sound as hard as you can and feel your tummy muscles contract as you do it, this is what support is, your tummy should feel like this when you sing. At first it will feel like a real workout and hurt, but perservere with it as it builds up the muscles over the next few months. You must go to a classical singing teacher, otherwise your technique might damage your voice, you should be able to sing without any strain on the voice and be able to project over the musicians without a microphone, a classical teacher will help you develop the skills to do this, it may take up to two years before you reach your voice potential, and if you don't practise regularly, then it will never happen. Falsetto is fine, just listen to how many Queen songs Freddie Mercury used falsetto in
Binni
2014-10-04 20:54:30 UTC
If you’re like most people who dream of becoming a world-class musician or just love to sing, your goal is simple: you want to overcome your vocal barriers. You want to take your singing ability to the highest level. Discover How To Become A Better Singer In Just Days: http://improvesinging.keysolve.net In Just 5 Minutes A Day, You Could Start Singing With Incredible Control, Power, Pitch, And More Freedom Than You Ever Imagined … “You Too Can Learn How to Sing – Improve Your Singing Voice, Sing With Amazing Control, And Gain A Full Octave In Your Vocal Range” Over 10,000 Singers – Including Professionals, Recording Artists and Even Total Beginners – Have Used The Superior Singing Method To Experience Vocal Breakthroughs You will learn how to eliminate tension through simple tips and techniques that will allow you to sing with more power and confidence. The Superior Singing Method system will give you dynamic vocal exercises that are designed to help you to improve your resonance and strengthen your voice muscles. You will also improve pitch issues, create better tone, and have more control while singing in the top of your vocal range.
lausie
2007-05-10 10:29:43 UTC
It is, in my opinion, completly acceptable for guys to sing falsetto in Musical Theatre. Les Mis, Cats, Miss Saigon to name a few shows where guys have gone into falsetto range.

On the other hand, being a bass is a fantastic thing, I perform in amateur shows across London and we're always desperate for someone with a lower range!

Performing simple excercises each day can really help strengthen your voice; sing scales, hum etc. Practice makes perfect and nothing will change overnight. Record yourself when you start out and make another recording about a month later - you'll notice the difference, I'm sure!